The Sharing Center is a nonprofit organization working to prevent hunger and homelessness in the Central Florida community. Since 1986, their programs have helped families in crisis with essential resources, relieving the burdens of poverty and food insecurity.
It is vital to the foundation of the organization to stand rooted in strong principles. In every interaction with the community, it is their intention to reflect their core values. The Sharing Center opens their doors to those experiencing hardships and needing a helping hand, regardless of faith, gender, creed, or position.
Some of their major milestones over the last three decades include:
- Thrift Program raised over $1,000,000 for the first time in 2019.
- The Oasis, Seminole County’s only drop-in resource center for our homeless neighbors, opened in 2011.
- Awarded 2019 Seminole County Agency of the Year by Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Provided over $2,800,000 worth of essential resources to neighbors in need in 2019.
- 90¢ of every dollar raised is reinvested back into local families in need and programming.